Don’t worry, Coding Challenge I is still open, but someone was writing about games to develop in the codecademy discussion groups.
So, here’s the challenge:
In any language, write a MasterMind game where the computer chooses the numbers and the user deduces them.
1. use numbers (four of them,#s1-4, randomly chosen by the computer), rather than colors
2. that allows multiple uses of the same numbers, i.e. ‘1122’
3. provides appropriate feedback to the user to help them close in on the correct sequence.
4. keeps track of the number of turns taken
5. (optional) can also be played with 2 users -or- user sets the code and computer guesses
6. (optional) allow user to select # of positions and range of numbers used.