Scientific American reports the best use of technology since the TV Remote.
The Cloak app, for example, collects location info from Instagram and Foursquare to let you know where your so-called “friends” are—so tat you never have to see them. It scans their most recent check-ins, and plots those locations on a map. It can even alert you when the guy you owe twenty bucks to is nearby.
Cloak developers Brian Moore and Chris Baker say they came up with the idea after too many chance encounters with ex-girlfriends. They plan to expand Cloak to interface with other apps, including Facebook. And they insist their feelings won’t be hurt if they suddenly stop bumping into their Cloak-using friends.
—Larry Greenemeier, Mar 28, 2014
Your Checklist to see if you might benefit from the Cloak App:
- Do you retreat from others in anticipation of rejection?
- Are you preoccupied with being rejected or criticized in social situations?
- Do you fear embarrassment when participating in new activities?
- Do you have poor self-image or feelings of social ineptitude?
- Do others think you are self-involved and unfriendly?
- Do you Create elaborate fantasy lives in your head?
If you agree with two or more of the above, you may be ready to hide away from friends and relations!
Just Click the App Icon and start avoiding today.
Main Street Musings Blog
April 1, 2014 at 2:36 pm
Wow, do they make one for family? 😉
April 1, 2014 at 5:32 pm
I think it’ll work for them as well 🙂